Tuesday, 16 April 2013

Ghost Stories and How to Write Them

Those of you who are my friends on Facebook already know about this, but it's time I mentioned it here - I have published an ebook - Ghost Stories and How to Write Them. It is, as its title suggests, part anthology and part How To book. It contains 10 of my ghost stories, most of which have been previously published in women's magazines. It also contains my musings on what makes a good ghost story for the women's magazine market, and discussion of each story. I'm hoping it'll appeal both to readers and writers - something for everyone!


Click here to buy from Amazon.co.uk or here to buy from Amazon.com. It only costs £1.53 (or $2.35) which one lovely writer friend described as a bargain. Hope you like it - if you do, tell everyone. If you don't,  tell me!

13 comments:

Frances Garrood said...

Many congratulations on the publication of your book - it sounds most intriguing!

Off to look it up now...

Beth Kemp said...

Ooh, this looks great - am off to buy it now! Ghost stories for womags look like a tricky beast, so some expert advice is definitely called for. Thanks for sharing!

Wendy's Writing said...

I've sold a couple of ghost stories and would like to write more - this book will be brilliant!

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Definitely one for my TBR list as I love ghost stories of all kinds!

Fiona Ross said...

Bought it! I love ghost stories.

Anonymous said...

Very timely. I've been looking for a book like this for a little while. I'm off to buy it now.

womagwriter said...

Thank you all! Your support is much appreciated.

Vikki (www.the-view-outside.com) said...

Thanks honey!

Have bought it :)

Xx

antoniabloomwriting said...

Can't wait to read this one! Your years of writing and success with stories makes this book very appealing.

I really like reading ghost stories too, but have never really had the confidence to write one. Hoping this book will change that.

Sue Blackburn said...

Love reading ghost stories and have always enjoyed writing them too so this book would be great. Is it only available on kindle though as I don't have one!

womagwriter said...

Hi Sue, I'm afraid it's only available as an ebook at the moment.But you can download a free Kindle app to your computer (or iphone or ipad if you have one). On the page with my book, in the bottom right you should see a box saying Free Kindle reading apps.

Sally Quilford said...

Womag is on my blog talking about this book this morning. http://quillersplace.wordpress.com/2013/04/19/guest-post-kathleen-mcgurl-and-how-to-write-a-book-in-a-week/

Bernadette said...

That looks like a great idea turned into an excellent book!
I love the cover too.

Lots of luck with it

B x