Wednesday 26 October 2016

Sweet success

Allas magazine are one of the few who still send complimentary copies. I can't actually read Swedish,  in fact sometimes I have a great deal of trouble working out which of my stories they've published, but I instantly recognised this one.

Isn't that illustration great?

What kind of illustrations do you like best – or don't you take much notice of them when reading stories?

On a less cheery note, My Weekly are closed to fiction submissions until the end of the year.

6 comments:

Frances Garrood said...

Well done, and what a great picture! I used to sell stories to Sweden, but through an agent, who's now retired. Do you have any Womag details about that mag, Patsy?

Anonymous said...

Great Picture, Patsy. I'm sure the story is just as good. I've been lucky (through the info on this site) to sell Allas two stories recently. I was very impressed by the illustrations, too. Good wishes Kate Hogan

Patsy said...

@ Frances – if you click on 'Allas' in the guidelines quick links you'll find all the info I have. Anyone can sub to them direct by email.

@ Kate - glad the information came in useful. It's always nice to hear if that's been the case.

Carolb said...

Great illustration.

Also good to know there are markets overseas that will accept submissions.

Wendy's Writing said...

I found when I subbed to them recently by email that I had no acknowledgment which was a bit disconcerting.

Patsy said...

It is, Wendy - but that's normal for them.