Friday 20 January 2017

Little bit of good news ...

As you'll see from the end of the editor's blog post, The People's Friend are actively encouraging both new and established writers to submit stories. The blog is worth following as Shirley Blair often mentions the type or length of story she's currently looking for.

Because the good news was brief, I think there's room for a little bit of bragging...

I'm the featured author for the 'Where I Write' spot in the February issue of Writer's Forum. (Thanks to Philip for sending me the picture - my subscriber copy hasn't arrived yet.)

Both my writing book and this blog get a mention. I feel a little bit like a minor celebrity.

Btw, that teapot really does accompany all my travels. It's been to five countries, endured some rough sea crossings and helped me through at east two books and dozens of short stories.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the feature in Writers Forum, Patsy. And I'd say as far as the world of womag writers is concerned, you are a celebrity! :o) Lisa x

ados123 said...

Congratulations on the feature, Patsy. Great photo.
Alyson

Anonymous said...

Very well done on being featured, Patsy. Congratulations also on the successes of your book and blog.

Hope Gary gets round to fitting a door on there for you soon.

Kind regards,
Debbie

Teresa Ashby said...

That's a great picture! I love your teapot. Congratulations on being the featured author :-)

Anonymous said...

You look really smart for an early morning writing and photo shoot. Just like the celebrity author you are. Next it'll be television appearances. And garden parties at the palace I'm sure:)))

Rosemary Gemmell said...

I saw that feature, Patsy, but haven't got round to reading it yet. Well done! Thanks for the heads up about PF - I seem to have lost my knack for writing their type of story but will try again.

Carolb said...

Congratulations on the feature, Patsy.

Good to know People's Friend are open to more new writers, even though I could never write to the style they want.

Eunice Nascimento said...

Congratulations Patsy! And what a lovely place to write in.

Patsy said...

Thanks everyone!

I did a survey amongst my friends and family and every single one had heard of me, so maybe I am famous after all!

Unknown said...

That's a lovely writing space. Love the teapot.