Wednesday, 23 September 2009

The Lady - some snippets of news

Couple of things have reached me via the womagwriter grapevine -

Firstly, fiction in The Lady may not be completely dead, I heard there's a chance they will reinstate it at a later date. So keep checking it, all might not be lost yet. And do consider writing in the meantime (or getting your mum/aunt/granny to write) lamenting the loss of the fiction!

Secondly, the Viewpoint slot is to be discontinued (thanks to Teresa W for letting me know). It's to be replaced in October with a new slot, called The Lady and I. Write about how The Lady changed your life in some way, about 350 words, to fill this one.

I'm sorry I've no more detail than that for now. If you hear anything, please add a comment here to spread the news.

I think my Mum's got a recent copy of The Lady. Perhaps I'll nick it when I next visit her in hospital. Although that's the wrong way round, isn't it - I should be taking magazines and grapes to her!

6 comments:

Patsy said...

You could take a different mag to swap for the one she's read - think that'd be fair.

Thanks for the update.

Teresa W said...

I have emailed Victoria to ask for more details on the new column, as soon as I know, I'll let you know.

This could open up some interesting avenues...

Teresa W said...

And the reply...

This hasn't been finalised yet, but it should be around 350 words.

Kath said...

Thanks, Womag, I hope you're right about reinstating the fiction. I would imagine their readers might not like change just for the sake of it.

womagwriter said...

Thanks Teresa, will add the required wordcount to the blog post.

Julie Day said...

I read in the November issue of Writers' News that they still do the Viewpoint but it is now in with the letters so less words but same amount of money. You will find it in the letters page.