Thursday, 29 October 2009

Latest Prima Wise Words subject

You know you're turning into your mother when...

Complete the sentence and email to wisewords@natmags.co.uk remembering to include your postal address so they can send you a cheque for £25 if they use yours. They tend not to tell you they are using it, just send you the cheque.


I could give you all a teensy insight into latest developments chez Womag's Mum and complete the sentence with ...when you find yourself stuck in a wheelchair and surrounded by far too many clothes your bully of a daughter is trying to steal from you to take to charity shops.

But that's not particularly funny or poignant so is not what they are after. Good luck everyone!

12 comments:

Julie P said...

Thanks, Womag. I've just emailed one off to them, although I did have my 'wisewords' published a few months back - still noharm in trying again ie there - £25 is £25 afterall.

Julie xx

Grethic said...

Thanks I've had a bash at it. We'll see what happens

Natalie E Bowers said...

Thanks for the heads-up. I've just sent one off to them. :-)

Susan at Stony River said...

Thanks! ROFL at yours; I wait til the kids are in school before raiding their room for charity shop bags. When the sleeves are halfway up your arm... it's OUTGROWN!

Is there a word limit to the wise words?

Queenie said...

Hugs on the Womag's Mum front. It did seem quite poignant to me (although not the Prima kind of poignant).

Bernadette said...

Poignant to me too, Womag. xx

Debs said...

Thanks Womag.

Lily Sheehan said...

Just sent mine now. Thanks for posting!

Jumbly Girl said...

Thanks for that.

And yes actually very poignant - one to be remembered

womagwriter said...

Susan - about 30 words I think.

Lydia said...

I think that's pretty poignant too. A propos: nothing to do with this post. I've just read "On the Road to Katmandu" in one of my many MW back issues. (The to be read pile gets higher every day!) Just wanted to say I loved it - very atmospheric and touching. Was this the one that had Liz sending so many compliments? Well deserved. Well done you! :)

womagwriter said...

Lydia - yes it was, and you've just got me grinning like a loon all over again!