Friday, 6 November 2009

Fame at last!

Can't keep this to myself another second.

The latest issue (99) of The New Writer contains both an article by me and an article about me.

The former is a little ditty likening running to writing, written while I was training for that triathlon back in the summer. The latter is a piece by my good mate Sally and is all about me - me the womagwriter blog that is, not me the person! I'm chuffed to bits she's been inspired enough by this blog and all that it stands for to write an article about it. Many thanks to all those who provided quotes for her article, especially Della.

If you don't already subscribe to TNW, there'll be no better time to do so than now (not being in any way biased of course, ahem). Next issue will be the 100th and I know there's a very special edition planned.

I'm also in the latest TAB Fiction Feast, just out, along with several writing buddies. A good week for me, publication-wise. :-)

17 comments:

Colette McCormick said...

What a cracking week. Enjoy.

Susan at Stony River said...

Holy cow! Congratulations!
:-D

Queenie said...

Well done, that's sleb status for sure!!

Jan Jones said...

Fab, Womag!

Also richly deserved.

Quillers said...

I couldn't have had a better subject!

And the running article is fab. And our lovely friend, Helen Hunt has an article in the mag too.

We've pretty much taken over at The New Writer for this month!

Bernadette said...

Well done Womag! That's great news.

Honeysuckle said...

A brilliant week - well done!

Kath said...

Congratulations!

Patsy said...

Well done!

Olivia Ryan said...

Yeay! Well done Womag! We so need weeks like that, don't we, to boost the old confidence now and again - yours must be soaring right now, and deservedly so. x

LilyS said...

Congratulations!! I've got Decembers TABFF - great stories in there.

Debs said...

Congratulations Womag, very well deserved.

Cathos said...

What a great week. shall buy a copy of FF this month. Congratulations.

lynda71 said...

Hi Womag

Congrats on your publication successes. I have been following your blog for a while and am very happy that I found it as you offer lots of good advice for newbies, like myself. As a newbie writer, I have a wee question for you: I sent a couple of short stories off to various mags including TABFF, PF and WW mid-september and am impatiently waiting. How long should I expect to wait for a response? Also, if they want to buy your story, do they let you know by mail, email or do they call you? I'm finding all this waiting very frustrating! Thanks a lot.

Lynda

Jenzarina said...

Nicely done!

I have been inspired by your blog to sub my first story to TAB Fiction Feast. Fingers crossed!

womagwriter said...

Thanks all!

Good luck Jenzarina. You're off the starting block!

Lynda - magazines vary hugely in how long they take to respond. Woman's Weekly usually take about 4 months. PF can be very quick with rejections, so no news is good news with them - the longer your story is with them the more likely they are seriously considering buying it. TAB varies too - stories can come back in about a month, but if they get a yes from the first reader and are passed to the main fiction editor then it can be much longer.

As for how they respond that varies as well. WW and TAB will ring with the first acceptance, email thereafter. PF - not sure, I think they wrote to me with my first (only!) sale there.

lynda71 said...

Thanks for your helpful comments! I guess I will just have to sit back, relax and see if the editors of these magazines like my stories enough to buy them.

LYnda