- 1400-1600 word twist ending stories, preferably either light-hearted or very moving
- 700 word coffee break stories, again either light-hearted or very moving
- 1200 OR 2000 word romances, preferably light-hearted
- 1200 word family stories with children
- Long reads (which I think are 2500-3000 words)
Only send one story per month. Put contact details on every page of your submission (that includes you, Brenda!) Include a 30-word piece about your inspiration for this story.
Email stories as a Word attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
If you've previously had a story accepted mark your submission for the attention of Liz Smith.
Keeping up with My Weekly guidelines is like chasing a moving target. But these aren't too different from the last lot, and they are a nice magazine to work with. Good luck all!
Edited 9/3/10 to add - I believe My Weekly are still not taking submissions from authors they have not previously bought a story from. Which is disappointing.