Sunday, 7 March 2010

Winner!

I'm pleased to announce the winner of Kate Long's A Mother's Guide to Cheating is Ellan. We chose her description of a short story because she summarised it very concisely but also made it clear how much she'd learned from it, and how much it inspired her to want to write that kind of story.

Well done Ellan! Please can you email me via my shiny new Contact Me link in the top right of the blog, and let me have your address. We'll then get the book in the post to you.

Thanks to all who took part in the competition. It was great seeing how different stories had made an impact on you for so many different reasons.

8 comments:

Kate said...

Well done, Ellan!

Old Kitty said...

Congratulations Ellan!

What a fun competition this was.

Thanks womagwriter and Kate!

Take care
x

Ellan said...

Thank you so much. I'm so pleased I can't explain. I don't have that one - but I really enjoy Kate's books. There are turns of phrase I think, "I want to STEAL that." I don't though.
Wahey.
Thanks again.

Paula Williams said...

I really enjoyed following this thread and have just ordered Kate's book, which i'm looking forward to reading. I'm a big fan.

Kate said...

That's nice to hear, Paula!

HelenMHunt said...

This was a brilliant exercise. I loved reading about other people's favourites.

Sally Quilford said...

Well done, Ellan. Yes, it was a fascinating discussion about short stories, wasn't it? I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Geraldine Ryan said...

Well done, Ellan! I loved your answer too!