Thursday, 1 April 2010

One more post before I go away....

Here are some blogs I've been enjoying lately. All connected with writing, though not exclusively with womag writing. But go take a look at them, if you have a few spare minutes.

Linen Press - marvellous little publisher. Currently running some posts on the blog which give a good insight into the world of the small press. Feels more like a family than a business! If you enjoy the blog, do consider buying one of the books they publish via this link as small presses need all the help they can get.

Mistakes writers make - if you sometimes wonder where you're going wrong this blog may have the answers. From Alex Gazzola of Writing Magazine fame.

Dovegreyreader - probably the best book review blog around. Either she reads at the speed of sound or she has too much time on her hands. I love books, love reading, would like to read everything she recommends, but simply can't!

And Susan at Stony River is another good one to visit for regular writing exercises you can join in, and market listings.

There you are. That'll keep you going!

4 comments:

Old Kitty said...

Thank you!!!!!!

The looooooooong weekend beckons so I'll make sure, i'll make time to have a gander at these links.. I'm drawn to the Mistakes Writers make - I think I need to know!

LOL!!

HAPPY EASTER!!

x

Alex G said...

Thanks so much for the mention, and good to have been alerted to your blog. Not sure the word 'fame' can be applied to me in any context though!

Hope you find something useful, Kitty. One mistake I have noticed is you're spelling long with a nonuple 'o'. It only needs one... ;-)

All the best, Alex

Suzanne Jones said...

Thanks for the links.

And have a great holiday.

:-)

Joanne Fox said...

Have given you a Beautiful Blogger Award for being such a fountain of useful information! See my blog for the full story. Hope you enjoyed your holiday.