Sunday, 4 July 2010

The Lady/M&B - National Trust competition

With thanks to Linda who sent me these details -

Mills and Boon are running a compeition in conjunction with The Lady magazine and The National Trust.

The theme is to create a romantic short story using a National Trust venue as a setting. The deadline is 31 July and the wordcount is 1500-2000 words (max 2000). The winning entry will be published in The Lady and the runner up will receive a hamper of books worth £200. Entry and competition terms and conditions can be found on The Lady website.

(For overseas blog readers, the competition is open to anyone worldwide. The National Trust is a charity dedicated to preserving the best bits of British heritage, whether it's a stately home or a beautiful piece of countryside. Take a look at their website to find an inspirational setting for your story.)

Updated 7th July to correct the details re maximum word count, thanks Ruth!

4 comments:

Old Kitty said...

The Lady are running a writing comp? with M&B! Fantastic! Thanks for this! Will check it out!

Take care
x

christine said...

Well, now that I have my degree in creative writing, I shall have to knuckle down and enter some competitions, so thank you for this, it's just at the right (or write) time!!

Call in for a chat with me! Christine's Chatter is at :-
http://cadugdale.blogspot.com

Susannah Rickards said...

Am I missing something? I can't see prize money anywhere. Is this like The Guardian summer story competition, where the prize is simply publication without payment in a national paper?

womagwriter said...

Oddly, all links to this competition seem to have been removed from The Lady website and the National Trust website, so I have no idea whether winners have been chosen or notified. I am trying to find out, and will post something on the blog when I have news.