Monday, 13 September 2010

Forward

I have deleted the post I put up here yesterday, about the Forward Press competitions. Unfortunately I now realise this company is little more than a vanity press. They do not ask for money to publish your work, but they do accept almost everything sent to them, then publish anthologies crammed with poems, with very little editing. As far as I can work out, they make their money by selling the books to the contributors, and in the case of their children's competitions, the proud parents.

Forward Press should not be confused with the prestigious and well-respected Forward Prize for Poetry.

2 comments:

Clarissa Draper said...

Thanks for the clarification.

CD

Old Kitty said...

Oooh I must have missed that post - sorry - but Forward Press was featured in the Money Guardian section - they target schools and parents were obliged to pay up and one wrote to the Guardian about them. Oh dear!

Take care
x