Thursday, 9 September 2010

Pakistan

Remember the 100 Stories for Haiti project? Well, its founder Greg McQueen is now starting a similar project for Pakistan. Donate a story, buy some copies of the anthology, do what you can to advertise it. Every little helps.

Here's Greg's full message - please pass it on!

Once again I have found myself in the position where I cannot ignore the need to do something. This time it is Pakistan ... The United Nations estimates that twenty million people have lost their homes as a result of the flooding that started last July. Add to this the thousands who have already lost their lives, and the thousands who *will* lose their lives because of famine and disease .. And well, it is once again time to do something!

100 Stories for Haiti has raised about £4000 for the Red Cross Haiti Earthquake Appeal. I am honoured and proud of the effort put in by writers and readers in supporting the project ... So, let's do it again!

50 Stories for Pakistan:
I am putting together an anthology of 50 stories, each no more than 500 words. Any subject or genre is acceptable, however, no stories with any violence, death, or mass destruction.

If you would like to contribute to this new project, please visit my new website for details: http://www.facebook.com/l/b485auw9kJOogxSY_IrVvn8Oepw;www.bigbadmedia.com/50-stories-for-pakistan/

Thanks!

Warmest regards
Greg


Visit Greg's site, linked above, for full details. The important bits are - 500 words maximum and deadline 19th September. Stories should be sent to storiesforpakistan@gmail.com . No theme but avoid tales of death and destruction. All proceeds go to Red Cross Pakistan Floods Appeal.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good- but by any genre does anyone know if this includes children's stories? I'm assuming just adults.

Old Kitty said...

Oh Greg is such a sweetie!! I thoroughly enjoyed getting involved with 100 Stories for Haiti and so will try with this worthy endeavour again - thanks for the info womagwriter!

take care
x

Clarissa Draper said...

That's a great idea. Not sure what I have but I'll look into it.

CD

Alison Runham said...

Great idea - not sure what I can rustle up but will go and look. Whilst I'm here, many thanks for the service you provide! Thanks to you I have a shiny cheque beside me for £25, courtesy of the WiseWords column in Prima magazine.
So thanks for sharing :-)