Sunday, 2 January 2011

Welcome to 2011!

Happy New Year to you all! Sorry for the long gap in posting. I got back from skiing (fab, fab, fab holiday!) on Boxing Day but was straight back to work and have barely had time to wash my ski socks let alone catch up on blogs etc.

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas, and that Santa brought you plenty of pens and notebooks and laptops with which to write. And have you all made writing resolutions? New year, new start - it's a great time to look ahead and decide what you really want to achieve in the coming year.

I looked back at my resolutions for 2010 and discovered I completely failed in all respects - because about half way through the year I decided to start writing a historical novel, and that was certainly not on the cards at the start of the year!

My goals for 2011 are - to finish the first draft of the novel by the middle of the year, and to finish editing it by the end of the year. Should be achievable even with the limited time I get for writing.

So, whatever you are writing, good luck with it and I hope 2011 brings you much success and happiness.

14 comments:

Caroline said...

So glad you had a fab holiday. Happy 2011 to you as well! Caroline x

Patsy said...

Happy New Year!

Julie P said...

Happy New Year and good luck with your novel!

Maria said...

You're writing goals for the year ahead are very similar to my own.

I know, finishing a first draft would make me feel productive!
Happy New Year

Maria

Bernadette said...

Good luck with completing the novel. I've missed the stories, but I'm sure it will be worth it.

Happy New Year!

Old Kitty said...

Happy New Year!! Glad you had a brilliant holiday!!!

GOOD LUCK with your goal to finish your novel for 2011!! You can do this! Yes you can!

Take care
x

joanne fox said...

Happy New Year! x

Kath said...

Happy New Year, Womagwriter and I'm sure you'll achieve your goals. xx

Queenie said...

Happy New Year! I hope 2011 is a really good one for you, too.

Sally Zigmond said...

Happy New Year! A historical novel, eh? Now I have even more competition!

Debs said...

Happy New Year to you too. I'm glad you had such a great holiday.

My 2010 resolutions weren't kept very well, and I haven't really made any yet for 2011. I'll have to have a think.

CarolB said...

Happy New Year Womag. Good luck with the novel in progress.

Teresa Ashby said...

Happy New Year. I just know you'll finish that novel :-)

Nan Sheppard said...

Happy New Year! Wow, sending you good novel-finishing vibes... Chas birthday the 28th Jan, stay tuned! Hope to see you! Are you going to give us any hints about the novel? When is it set? I'm reading "The Constant Princess" about Katherine of Aragon, and loving it.