2. Eddie Walsh at Emerald Writing Workshops is running more competitions for flash fiction this year. Max 500 words, entry fee a very reasonable 5 second-class stamps. Next comp closes on 31st May. See here for details.
3. Teresa Ashby is running a competition to win a copy of the Diamonds and Pearls anthology. Closing date 31st March, and all you need to do is write the first line of a story. See here for details.
4. If you weren't able to help the poor people of Japan via the Authors for Japan auction, perhaps you'd like to contribute to New Sun Rising, an anthology of prose and poems, all profits going to the Red Cross. Details here.
5. Ever wanted to ask a best-selling author a question and hear the answer in her own words? Well, go here to ask Kate Long a question. You type it in, give your email address to get notification that she's recorded an answer, then check back to see what she says.
6. And finally, where I was last week with Leigh - this is me on top of Cairngorm, Scotland. Felt like I was on top of the world!
PS I keep looking at that photo and thinking how fat I look. But it is simply all the bulky warm clothes I am wearing, honest!!