Monday, 28 March 2011

It's nearly Mother's Day!

Bit of shameless self- and buddy-promotion here.

If you haven't yet bought your mum a mother's day present, or told your reluctant kids what they ought to buy you, can I recommend the following couple of books?

Diamonds and Pearls - anthology of stories by women's magazine writers (including one from me) and sold in aid of a breast cancer charity

or if you or your mum prefers a novel, what about

Mothers and Daughters - Kate Long's latest novel now out in paperback (and previously entitled A Mother's Guide to Cheating)

Both guaranteed great reads and I am of course in no way biased, oh no.

4 comments:

Karen said...

I'll start dropping hints :o)

Geraldine Ryan said...

I wonder why they changed the name of Kate's novel? I much prefer "A Mother's Guide to Cheating."

womagwriter said...

Geri - I did too. But apparently people in bookshops were thinking it actually condoned marital cheating and were steering clear as a result.

Geraldine Ryan said...

Hmm - wasn't there a play entitled "How To Murder Your Wife"?

Methinks this is a case of the old double standard raising it's ugly head. The word 'mother' is still sacrosanct even in 2011.