Thursday, 31 March 2011

Up for a challenge?

Sally Q is starting a challenge to write an 80,000 word novel in 80 days, starting 1st May and conveniently finishing just as the kids break up from school on July 19th.

1000 words a day - that's easier than Nanowrimo, and you end up with a full-length novel. It'll need editing, but you'll have the first draft done.

So if you've wanted to write a novel and have an idea, but have just not got round to starting, why not have a go at this and get that first draft done in one push. Go here to sign up.

I'm about 10,000 words from the end of my first draft and then I want to push on with editing it, so I won't be doing this, but best of luck to all who do!

6 comments:

Quillers said...

Thanks womag! And good luck with that final push!

Jarmara Falconer said...

Good Luck Quillers Love to join in but I'm busy editing my novel.
Go Girl

wannabe a writer said...

I'm in the middle of editing the novel I wrote in NaNoWriMo last year. This is a brilliant way to get the first draft down on paper. For anyone who has been promising themselves they are going to write a novel but never quite get round to it I would defintely recommnend going for this.

Linda

Lorraine said...

Editing here too, but this sounds like a great idea - more relaxed than NaNo and with a longer piece of writing at the end of it!

Hazel said...

I love this kind of thing. I've just finished a novel, so don't think I'll do another one straight away, but will you be doing it again, Sally?
Dellax

Quillers said...

Thanks for the support everyone. I'm delighted with the response.

Hazel, if this year takes off as I hope it will (and it certainly seems to be looking that way), then I will certainly run it again next May (2012 - assuming the world hasn't ended ... ahem).