Friday, 4 March 2011

World Book Night

I've only just seen this lovely, wonderful idea from Nicola Morgan to celebrate World Book Night TOMORROW! 5th March.

Buy a book, preferably from a local bookstore, inscribe it: "Given in the spirit of World Book Night, March 5th 2011 and bought from [insert name of shop] - please enjoy and tell people about it." and give it to someone. Your mum, your mate, your child, or even some random stranger in the street.

What a lovely and generous idea. We're all writers which means we all love reading. Let's pass a little of that love on to someone else, tomorrow. I have friends visiting for the weekend. I think I'll buy them a copy of Diamonds and Pearls and thereby do even more good by raising money for a breast cancer charity.

Come on, join in!

6 comments:

Karen said...

Great idea :o) I gave my copy of Della Galton's Dog with Nine Lives to a friend as I know she'll love it.

Patsy said...

Hi Kath, I'm passing a stylish blogger award on to you.

You don't have to accept or take any notice (I won't be offended), but if you like you can copy the award onto your blog, post seven things
about yourself and nominate some more stylish blogs to recieve the award.

When I am Rich said...

Great idea. Writers need readers so we should all be doing our bit to encourage more.

Gail Crane said...

I've just finished reading Diamonds & Pearls and I loved it. But then no surprise there given who the authors are!
Also, I've just nominated you for a Stylish Blogger Award in recognition of all the great info you've passed on over the years.
I see Patsy beat me to it but I guess like knickers you can never have too many!

womagwriter said...

Thanks Patsy and Gail for the award - much appreciated! I'm pretty bad at passing these things on but it's nice to be nominated.

Gail, thanks for the comments about D&P, glad you liked it. Spread the word!

Lydia said...

Guess what? I nominated you too!x