Tuesday, 26 April 2011

Life is just one long holiday...

The sun shone for the ENTIRE WEEK we were in the Lake District which is some kind of world record. I went equipped for cold, wet weather - packed thermals, fleeces, waterproofs, woolly hats, the lot. Not a single short-sleeved t-shirt, or pair of shorts or sunhat.

Ah well, who cares, I pushed up my sleeves and made a hat out of a buff. We had a great time, climbed lots of peaks including Scafell Pike (England's highest mountain), Skiddaw and the range which flanks Buttermere lake.

Here's my son on High Stile contemplating the view.



THANK YOU ALL for your marvellous suggestions on the last post for new markets for stories and fillers. Lots there for me to follow up, and if I get more details I'll post them up.

Meanwhile, although I'm working this week (all 3 days of it! Isn't it great?!) we're off on another holiday on Friday. My lovely Irish hubby decided he'd rather vacate the country than sit and watch a royal wedding, so we're off to Ireland to stay with his sister and escape the wedding fever. (I might have to barricade myself into my sister-in-law's living room to catch the wedding highlights, though.)

Moody shot of Derwentwater:


See you all next week! Enjoy the bank holidays!

14 comments:

Evelyn said...

Glad you had a good holiday. That picture of Derwentwater is superb.

Crystal Jigsaw said...

Great photographs. It's been great weather these past few weeks, I'm sure it was beautiful in the Lakes.

CJ xx

Kath said...

Love the Lake District, Womagwriter, thanks for the gorgeous view of Derwentwater. We usually go in October and nearly always have pretty good weather nowadays.

Old Kitty said...

Oh wow!! So wonderful!! Enjoy your trip to Ireland - don't you worry the wedding repeats will happen for at least another month or so! Yay!

I've just had a gander at all the fab responses to your last post!! I feel awful - esp as I subscribe to Your Cat mag and didn't think that the letters page and the bit where you post a pic of yourself and talk about your cat - were what you meant so I didn't say anything about them! LOL!

Anyway, glad Your Cat mag got a mention!!

take care, see you soon! x

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great holiday with fabulous weather thrown in! Great professional pics. have a good time in Ireland. Good wishes kath

Karen said...

I'd love to visit the Lake District again - haven't been for about 20 years but I've never forgotten how beautiful it is :o)

Have a lovely time in Ireland.

Debs Carr said...

What fantastic photos. I'm glad you had a great holiday and hope your trip to Ireland is as much fun too.

Frances Garrood said...

How wonderful! We had many holidays in the Lakes when my children were young, and although we always enjoyed them (climbing, damming streams, lovely picnics) we invariably had rain. I have memories of trying to dry umpteen pairs of soaking wet jeans, with no source of heat. But we loved every minute.

Gail Crane said...

Glad you enjoyed your holiday. Lovely pics.
My partner says can he join you in Ireland, please? Anything to escape wedding fever :-(

Bernadette said...

Thanks for teh lovely pics of teh Lakes. I've only ever seen them in rain, but that was a long time ago.

Geraldine Ryan said...

HAve a lovely time in Ireland, Womagriter! Wish I was coming!

Nan Sheppard said...

Have fun! I will be watching the wedding on my gran's tiny TV, and we will comment on everyone's hats. Gran is a fashion icon!

marianh said...

Oh, thank God for your Irish hubby who doesn't want to watch the wedding. I thought I was the only one...

Anne said...

Just stumbled across your blog. Gorgeous pictures!