Thursday, 30 June 2011

Short Story Workshop

The markets may be dwindling, but that's all the more reason to polish up your writing and targetting skills to get yourself ahead of the competition.

If you're within reach of the Northamptonshire area and free on Saturday 30th July, why not sign up for Helen Hunt's short story workshop? Helen's been writing for the women's magazines for a few years, and has had tremendous success, especially with Woman's Weekly. The day costs just £30 and includes a critique of a story to be sent beforehand by email.

Click on the link above for full details and how to contact Helen. I bet it'll be an excellent workshop and you'll learn loads.


I'm off on a course myself on Sunday in Bath - How to Sell Your Novel, run by Sarah Duncan. Am nowhere near wanting to try to sell it yet, however! I believe there might still be places available on that course - email sionhillcourses (at) hotmail.com if interested.

6 comments:

HelenMHunt said...

Thanks very much, Kath. If people want more information they can email me via the profile page on my blog. I'm really looking forward to it.

Nan Sheppard said...

Enjoy your course, Kath!

Nan Sheppard said...

P.S. I think it was you who mentioned a new magazine, "Work Your Way", a few months ago? Their first issue is coming out soon, and I'll have an article in it!!! Thanks to you! And now that my gran is with mum and dad, I'm really forging ahead with my writing. I will let you know when the "Work Your Way" mag is out: http://workyourway.co.uk/

L.A Speedwing said...

Wow! Great Blog! I am a fan now!

Jo said...

I've awarded you a Stylish Blog Award, Kath. Go over to my blog for details: http://www.theyellowroomeditor.blogspot.com/

womagwriter said...

Nan - well done! First of many I bet. Glad you are getting more time to write now.

Jo - thanks!