Last year, my writing resolutions were to complete a first draft of my novel by the end of June, and finish the edits by the end of the year. I'm delighted to say I achieved both goals, and in December sent my novel to a literary appraisal agency to get a critique of the whole thing. I'm still waiting to hear back - no doubt there'll be a lot of work to do on the novel before I can start sending it to agents or publishers.
My non-writing resolutions for 2011 were to keep running every week if possible and increase my distances until I could run 10km. By March I was able to run 10km, so that resolution held too!
So, what are my aims for 2012?
- Lose 10kg by the end of the year. Not by following any strict diet but by changing my eating (and drinking!) habits.
- Keep up the exercise - swim most weeks, run most weeks, try out a Zumba class.
- With hubby, do up the living room.
- Write a story a fortnight until the end of March, and get them sent out.
- Develop my idea for a new novel, and start writing it. By the end of the year, be about half way through the first draft.
Did you achieve your aims for 2011? What are you targetting in 2012?
Happy New Year to all my blog readers, and may 2012 bring you everything you are hoping for!