Saturday, 17 March 2012

Inspiration for the weekend

Looking for short story ideas? Try browsing this site, courtesy of my friend Joyce. Someone with too much time on their hands (clearly!) has gone through Google street view, and captured the most interesting stills. The result is a remarkable collection of images, every one of which could inspire a story. (Beware - the images take a while to load up, at least they do on my aging laptop, so be patient.)

I think my favourite is the fox squeezing through a wrought-iron gate. You'll need to scroll down some way to find it. The guy trying to calm his horse in the middle of the road - that has to be somewhere in the west of Ireland. Talking of which - Happy St Patrick's Day to all the Irish out there!

9 comments:

Old Kitty said...

Blimey! Some made me blush! LOL!

These are google images?!?! Are they legal?!? LOL!

Oh I hope that fox isn't stuck! I think I like the white bird in mid-flight - well I think it was in mid-flight - it looked like it was sprawled on the rocks...!

Happy St Patrick's Day to you too!
Take care
x

Sally Zigmond said...

Soem good ideas there but I'm not sure any would be suitable for The People's Friend!

Vikki said...

Wow, some great pics there :)

Thanks for the link.

xx

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Unusual images. I have a whole pile of cards and photos for inspiration, but never seem to use them (except in the writing group sometimes)!

Karen said...

Interesting - and occasionally quite disturbing!

Janice said...

I have looked at these and they are great. Thanks, Womag.

Diane Fordham said...

I will go and have a look. Thanks for that Womag :-)

Fi said...

Interesting site and great inspiration.

I've just tagged you on the Lucky 7 Meme challenge on my blog - http://fionajphillips.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/lucky-7-challenge.html

IMAGINE said...

Balanced and with a heavy word. I like your blog.