Wednesday, 2 May 2012

Stuck for story ideas?

Try buying a copy of The Writer's Treasury of Ideas, by Linda Lewis. My copy arrived the other day and it looks to be packed with great ideas to kick start a few stories. And I absolutely LOVE the cover. (Bit blurry here because I've had to blow up a tiny image. Looks much better on the actual book!) Link above is to Amazon. If you buy direct from Linda she'll throw in a mini-guide for free. Tell her I sent you.


Linda, aka Catherine Howard, is a regular contributor to the womags. Her stories are always vibrant and fun, and she's sold hundreds. This will be an excellent addition to your writer's bookshelf.

If you've got a Kindle, it's available as an ebook too (and cheaper that way). Also check out Linda's How to books for Kindle:
How to Make £10 in 10 Minutes
Why Short Stories Get Rejected
which cost next to nothing and are brilliant.

9 comments:

Caroline said...

I devoured Linda's book last week. It is a real treasure all right! Go buy it peeps - you'll never be stuck for an short story again! Caroline x

Old Kitty said...

Blimey, I'm sold! Thanks for the info and review! Take care
x

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Thanks for alerting us to Linda's book - I already downloaded the great little 'How to Make £10 in 10 Minutes' some time ago, so I'll check this one out too!

sallyjenkins said...

I downloaded 'How to Make £10 in 10 minutes' too. It's full of good ideas for letters & tips pages.

blogaboutwriting said...

And if you want to win a copy of Linda's excellent book, you could enter my Random Word Flash Fiction competition - 250 words! Closing date 9th May and it's FREE!

http://blogaboutwriting.wordpress.com/2012/04/20/random-words-flash-fiction-a-competition/

Janice said...

Thanks for this. If it gives me better endings for my short stories, then I'm all for it!

Suzanne Jones said...

I have the other two books, this one's next on my list.

X

Katbalou said...

This looks great, thanks for the heads up:-)

Anonymous said...

absolutely brilliant info - could someone now write about how to actually get the accepted story printed, and the payment? This week IPC have had a short story which was accepted one year ago. Payment on publication, of course...