Wednesday, 24 October 2012

Easy Reads now in the shops

On Saturday I went to my local WHSmith to buy a couple of the new Easy Reads, published by DC Thomson. You'll probably find them near the women's magazines section The first 4 are now out, and are definitely worth a look, whether you want to write them or not. They're beautifully produced, lovely clear font, fab covers, only £1.99 and they really do fit in your pocket even though they're no longer called Pocket Novels!

I have read Sally Quilford's Bonfire Memories, which is classified Crime - Intrigue. She really does keep you guessing who dunnit, and leads the reader skilfully up a whole host of blind alleys. Definitely recommended, and I have the other Crime one, Julie Coffin's Web of Fear, to read next.

They're lovely little books and I really hope they do well.

7 comments:

Edith said...

I wish that they were easier to pick up in Ireland. I went into Eason's in Dublin last weekend but they didn't have them nor had the assistant I was talking to heard about them!!! Where has she been??!!! :-0

Vikki (www.the-view-outside.com) said...

I bought all 4 yesterday...they're very smart looking.

X

Rosemary Gemmell said...

I really like the new look, too, as they're much more modern - and I'm reading Sally's at the moment!

Sally Quilford said...

Thanks for the review, Kath! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I loved writing it.

Julie P said...

I keep forgetting to look for them - but will make a determined effort tomorrow!

Julie xx

Sally Quilford said...

I thought I'd share that I've heard through the grapevine that Maggie is not looking for historicals 'at the moment', but she is looking for stories with adventure and excitement.

Janice said...

Thanks Womag! I'll take a look.