Well, here we are in 2013, and the day has begun bright and sunny down here in Dorset. Here's hoping that's a taste of what's to come this year.
I must apologise for the lack of posts over the last couple of weeks, and especially for the lack of a Merry Christmas post. I hope you all had a lovely time and that Santa brought you everything you had wished for. (I got lots of cuddly fleecy things and chocolate, so am very happy.) We were away skiing for Christmas week as usual, and had a brilliant holiday.
Last year I made some resolutions and put them on the blog here. Now it's January 1st, it's time to see how well I did, and set some new goals for this year:
- lose 10kg. Well I lost 8kg so not bad. Aim this year is to keep that weight off.
- swim, run, zumba. Did all that, fell in love with zumba! Aim this year is to build up running distances to half-marathon length, keep up the zumba and try open-water swimming in the summer.
- do up the living room. Um....that's now our aim for 2013.
- write & submit short stories. Yes, did that for a couple of months before getting stuck into my new novel.
- be half way through 1st draft of novel by end of the year. Yes, actually much further (just a chapter to write). Aim for 2013 is to complete it by end of February, edit it by end of June and submit to agents.
How well did you do with your 2012 goals? Have you made resolutions for 2013? Good luck with them, what ever they are!