Tuesday, 1 January 2013

Happy New Year!

Well, here we are in 2013, and the day has begun bright and sunny down here in Dorset. Here's hoping that's a taste of what's to come this year.

I must apologise for the lack of posts over the last couple of weeks, and especially for the lack of a Merry Christmas post. I hope you all had a lovely time and that Santa brought you everything you had wished for. (I got lots of cuddly fleecy things and chocolate, so am very happy.) We were away skiing for Christmas week as usual, and had a brilliant holiday.

Last year I made some resolutions and put them on the blog here. Now it's January 1st, it's time to see how well I did, and set some new goals for this year:

- lose 10kg. Well I lost 8kg so not bad. Aim this year is to keep that weight off.

- swim, run, zumba. Did all that, fell in love with zumba! Aim this year is to build up running distances to half-marathon length, keep up the zumba and try open-water swimming in the summer.

- do up the living room. Um....that's now our aim for 2013.

- write & submit short stories. Yes, did that for a couple of months before getting stuck into my new novel.

- be half way through 1st draft of novel by end of the year. Yes, actually much further (just a chapter to write). Aim for 2013 is to complete it by end of February, edit it by end of June and submit to agents.

How well did you do with your 2012 goals? Have you made resolutions for 2013? Good luck with them, what ever they are!



16 comments:

Old Kitty said...

Happy new year to you too and great news about your goals!! Onwards and upwards for you in 2013!

Take care
x

L said...

If you do as well with your 2013 goals as you did las year, you'll be laughing.

Josie said...

Happy New Year! How strange that on my first step towards starting to write my own short stories, in fact my very first Google search for pearls of wisdom, I come across a fellow Dorset dweller. It certainly is a bright sunny day. I was on Bournemouth beach at 7.30 this morning enjoying a beautiful first sunrise of the year! Best of luck with the resolutions.
J
x

Maria said...

Didn't you do well! I'm about to scribble down some goals for the year ahead. Good to read yours...

Happy New Year!

Dolores Doolittle said...

A joyous 2013 to you, Womag. Well done on last year's resolution successes and hope this year's go just as well.
Thanks as always for your encouragement and inspiration

Kath said...

Happy New Year, Womag, and good luck with that final chapter x

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your goals, Womagwriter! And here's to a successful and healthy 2013 for everyone.

Sam x

Edith said...

Loved reading your goals - they inspire me to get on with mine! Happy New Year xxx

the writing pad said...

Good luck for 2013 - and thanks for all the invaluable info you post here on your Blog - I don't always comment, but I'm a regular visitor and can only say, thanks again!
Happy New year
xx K

Wendy's Writing said...

Well done for keeping up with all your resolutions and thank you for your support this year - especially with my story timeline. Happy New Year!

Geraldine Ryan said...

Happy New year, Womagwriters everywhere! here's to plenty of sales and many more markets.

Della Galton said...

Kath, you sound like you've done loads, well done. Decorating would definitely be bottom of my priority list too. :) xx

Patsy said...

Happy New Year!

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Seems like a successful year gone by! Wishing you lots of success with your novel.

Carol MacLean said...

Happy New Year! I've just read Stephen King's excellent book 'On Writing'. He comes across as a really nice guy and his best bit of advice (worth a new year resolution) is to write every day without fail. So I'm trying....

Verona said...

This is cool!