Thursday, 9 May 2013

Bits and Pieces

Wells Literary Festival competition - closing date 31st July. £5 to enter stories or poems, or £10 to enter a crime novel. Top prize £500. Winning novel will be read by a leading publisher and agent.
Full details here.

Radio programme about great first lines. Available on Listen Again for a few more days
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0128pyh. Thanks to Kate H for sending me this link.

Fascinating post here about recording your own words for an audio book. The book in question is How to Eat Loads and Stay Slim by Della Galton and Peter Jones. This is obviously something all writers need to know about, to reduce those writers' bums. I was lucky enough to get a sneaky advanced peek at the book, which will be available as audio or ebook in a couple of weeks. I'll be posting a review about it on here soon, but for now let me just say that it is EXCELLENT! More info here.

4 comments:

Wendy's Writing said...

Thanks for the link to the BBC first line broadcast - it's hilarious!

JO said...

The BBC programme was wonderful - worth hearing twice!

Clair Humphries said...

Thanks for the useful links. Love the idea of writers' bums! Sitting down eating cake features heavily in my writing life!

author-eyes said...

my vice is choc I'm afraid - anyone out there know of a way to make yourself hate it? (as opposed to 'ate' it!)