Wednesday, 12 June 2013

My Weekly facebook page and website

In case I haven't linked to them before - memory like a goldfish with alzheimers, me - here are links to the My Weekly website which also contains a blog, and their facebook page.

Latest guidelines are just out - but still no submissions from anyone who hasn't previously sold to them, sadly.
Now's the time to send Halloween, Guy Fawkes or winter themes. For inspiration for gentle Halloween ghost stories, ahem, might I recommend that little book over there on the top right of this page? (This self-promotion lark is so excruciating. If anyone's got any tips on how to do it well, please do let me know!)
Also, light-hearted coffee break stories (700 words) and light-hearted 2000-word stories featuring children are currently welcome.

8 comments:

Wendy's Writing said...

It's such a shame that they are still not accepting submissions from people who haven't sold to them before - I missed the boat as they made that decision before I became a womag writer.

Patsy said...

It's not an easy route, Wendy, but if you sell them a pocket novel (which you can sub even if you've not been published by them before) then you'd qualify to sub short stories too.

Kath I hate doing promotional stuff too, but I reckon you're perfectly entitled to mention your book on your own blog whenever it seems appropriate.

Kate said...

Yes, My Weekly really frustrates me as it's another DCT magazine but doesn't accept subs from PF writers, does it?

Geraldine Ryan said...

Kath if you can't promote your own book on your own blog where can you!!!!

Editors At Work said...

All good advice.

janewj said...

Would you like me to send you a review copy of Wannabe a Writer We've Heard Of? :-) xx

womagwriter said...

Hi Jane

Thanks for the offer. Actually I already have it (bought it when it came out). Must re-read and actually follow the advice!

Tricia Maw said...

I've sold 3 to My Weekly but nothing since 2010! I don't sub every month. I was upset very recently by PF who would have bought one if I hadn't sold it to Allas Sweden in Jan.
Jane's book is super, I often refer to it. And, if you'll excuse the plug - my LP Book No More Secrets is on Amazon & will be in the Libraries 1st July.