Wednesday, 18 December 2013

Woman's Weekly Workshops 2014

Woman's Weekly have announced a whole series of workshops for both short story writers and serial writers to take place during 2014 in London.

Go here for details.

I have never tried to write a serial but must admit I'd quite like to try one, so I think I might go to one of the serial writing workshops. Now then, where's my diary?

Many thanks to Sam Tonge for alerting me. By the way if you haven't read her book, Doubting Abbey yet, you're missing out. I absolutely loved it. Currently it's selling on Amazon for just 59p (or 96c on the US Amazon site). And no, it's not one of the badly formatted ones I was having a moan about a week or so ago.


This will be my last post before Christmas unless something really urgent comes up in the next two days, so let me wish you all a very merry Christmas. Hope you get everything you dreamed of, and have a fun time whatever you are doing. I'm off on our annual Christmas skiing trip (yahoo! wahey! and other exclamations of deep joy!) this weekend. I'll be back before New Year so see you all then.

10 comments:

Samantha Tonge said...

Thanks so much for mentioning Doubting Abbey, Womag :)

I'd be really interested if you did go to a serial workshop, to hear you report back - serial-writing is a challenge i've not met and i admire anyone who writes them..

Have a great Xmas and thanks for a year or excellent posts on here, useful and informative as ever.

Emma Canning said...

Thanks, Womag, for another year of informative blogs. I don't often comment but I do read them! Also, I've bought your ghost and short story books - I thought both were fab.

Thanks again and merry Christmas!
Emma

Karen said...

I attended one of the writing workshops last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. The part about serial writing was very informative, but I can do either short stories or novels and nothing inbetween!

Karen said...

Oh, and a very Happy Christmas, and thanks for a wonderful year of posts :o)

Wendy's Writing said...

I think the serial workshop was very good (poor Karen above had to sit next to me). It encouraged me to take the plunge and write a serial - something I might not have done otherwise.

Anonymous said...

All good wishes for Christmas & New Year, Womag. Thanks for all your posts and help. KH

Sue Blackburn said...

Thanks for all the marvellous information you've given on your Blog Womag.
Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy 2014

Dolores Doolittle said...

Thank you, Womag, for all your inspirational posts. Have a Fabulous Christmas and a Joy-Filled 2014!

Carolb said...

Thank you Womag for this news, and for all your great posts each year.

Merry Christmas and a successful 2014.

phd guidance said...

great one