Friday, 13 June 2014

Bits and pieces

Firstly, a huge warm womagwriter welcome back to the world of blogging to Sally Quilford, who has started a new blog http://intriguingromance.blogspot.co.uk/ I don't know about you, but I missed her while she was not blogging. OK, so I was in daily contact with her on a private forum but I missed her presence in the blogging world. Thankfully she's back, and to celebrate she's offering a signed copy of one of her books. Go on over and see what you need to do (before 20th June) to be in with a chance of winning it. Lots of other good stuff on offer there, especially for pocket novel and romance writers.

Secondly, talking of signed copies of books, I still have a few print copies of my two How To books, links on the right of this blog, to sell. If you'd like a signed copy, please contact me via the contact page above. I'm selling them at £5 each which includes postage. UK only, sorry.

Now then, here's an interesting competition which runs every month, with a US$100 prize. You need to write a 500 word story using 3 given words, which this month are Monkey, Cathedral and Relativity. That should get the brain juices flowing! Mash Stories is a good looking website with an online magazine and some fascinating blog articles. Do go and have a look - short story writers need all the support they can get and this website exists to provide that support.

And finally, keep checking back on this blog, because I just might have some exciting news to share with you all soon. It's all I can do to stop myself telling everyone now, but I really shouldn't, not till the ink is dry anyway (oh heck, was that a clue? Arrgh. It's so hard keeping quiet.)


8 comments:

Quillers said...

Thanks for the plug, Womag!

Patsy said...

Thanks for the links - and congratulations on your exciting news.

Dolores Doolittle said...

Thanks for interesting info, womag, and all a-tremble waiting for your Exciting News!

susanjanejones said...

Oh, ink, signing, can't wait to hear your news.

Nicola said...

Hmmm..I can't wait to hear your news. It follows shortly after your RNA Awards visit and networking....hmmmm The mind is whirring. Let us know asap!

Karen said...

Looking forward to hearing the exciting news!

Popping over to check out Sally's blog now...

Sally Zigmond said...

I'm intrigued as well as hooked.

anita mark said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.