Wednesday, 30 July 2014

A market, a competition and news from Ireland's Own

Bits and pieces for you today

1.  Here's a possible market for your short stories, especially the 3-6000 worders - Cracked Eye publish stories of all genres, and pay their authors (though I don't know how much).

2.  The Bath Novel award 2015 has just opened for entries:
The Bath Novel Award www.bathnovelaward.co.uk
International competition for aspiring and self published writers
£1000 1st prize
Shortlist Judge Mildred Yuan, Literary Agent (United Agents)
Closing Date 31 Mar 15
First 5000 words and synopsis
£20 entry fee
Full details www.bathnovelaward.co.uk

3.  Ireland's Own fiction editor Phil Murphy is retiring. From now on submissions should be sent to Sean Nolan sean.nolan@peoplesnews.ie but best to wait till mid September as there is a bit of a back log. With thanks to Sue B for passing this news on. 

Finally, if you have any information of interest to womag writers, please do contact me on the link above. I don't write short stories myself any more and am losing touch with what's going on in womag world, though I do want to keep this blog going! So I'm relying on you lovely blog readers to pass on snippets for me to publish on this blog. 

Thank you! 

7 comments:

Maria said...

Thank you for sharing with us. Your blog is a great resource, we are very lucky that you keep it going.

hazzy said...

May I get your advice. I have sent various short stories to the Weekly News and one chase up letter. I have never heard anything. In your experience do rejections get notified. Also I never had an auto acknowledgement email either. Thanks

Julie P said...

Thanks for this information, much appreciated.

Jan Baynham said...

Thanks for this information, Kath. Very useful as always.

Keith Havers said...

I refer hazzy to Patsy's post of Tues 5th August: http://patsy-collins.blogspot.co.uk/

Kath said...

Thanks, Kath.

Autho Ramp said...

This is an intresting blog that you have posted, you shares a lot of things about Marketing For Authors, Book Marketing Company and Global Book Marketing. Which are very informative for us. Thanks