Monday, 10 August 2015

Magfest

I've been asked to mention Magfest, which is "the International Magazine Festival and Conference". 

I'm not sure how valuable it will be to freelance writers, but I have been assured, "There’ll be a lot of DC Thomson staff there too so it could be a good opportunity for networking." The other thing which persuaded me to give it a mention is that it's being held in Edinburgh and I know how frustrating it is to those who don't live in the south of England to keep seeing adverts for interesting sounding events in London.

4 comments:

Nikki Simpson said...

All are welcome - get in touch at nikki.simpson@ppascotland.co.uk with any queries.

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Sounds good - not sure if I'll manage, but at least I can get to Edinburgh a bit more easily than London!

Sheila, Canary Islands said...


[Thinks of the price of airfare.]
[SOB]
[Remembers the climate in the Canary Islands.]
[:-)]

Patsy said...

@ Rosemary - yep, a lot more convenient for you.

@ Sheila - It can be jolly sunny in Scotland you know!