Thursday, 27 October 2016

Patsy's periodic prompts

I'll be posting up occasional story prompt posts. These will include a random photo from me and written contributions from my writing friends. These might be poems, short descriptive passages, a list of random words, line of dialogue ...

I've created a new page with a link to all the prompts, so you can find them when you want them.

If you write a story based on any of these prompts, please let me know – especially if it gets accepted for a womag.

Other possible sources of inspiration:

NAWG's Story Ideas Generator (thanks to Captain Black for reminding me about that one).

My other blog Words about writing and writing about words, features the Wednesday word of the week, plus regular links to free to enter writing competitions (competition prompts and themes can still be used even if you don't intend to enter)

Any photo or painting (when I don't have a picture appropriate for the post, I'll add a random photo of my own)

There's a whole section on finding and devoloping ideas in the soon to be released From Story Idea to Reader, by Rosemary J. Kind and Patsy Collins ;-)

No comments: