Wednesday 13 January 2016

Woman's Weekly Want Your Words!



The fiction editors at Woman's Weekly have sent out a letter to their 'regular contributers' and as last year I was given permission to reproduce these here I thought I'd pass on the following information about word lengths.

"One-pagers – 900 to 1,000 words
Two-pagers -  1,800 to 2,000 words

Please don't send us stories of 1,100, 1,200, 1,300, 1,400, 1,500, 1,600 or 1,700 words as our layout department don't know what to do with them!

However (just go with this!) we can accept stories of any length between 2,300 and 8,000 words. They are the 'longer' ones which go in Fiction Special."

Woman's Weekly will consider submissions from new writers. If you've not previously been published by them you should submit by post. The address is - Blue Fin Building, 110 Southwark Street, London, SE1 0S. Do include a stamped addressed envelope for the reply and expect this to take around 16 weeks although it can be quicker.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm in the U.S. and as I understand it you can't get the return postage anywhere anymore. Do you think if I subbed through the mail and gave them my e-mail address that they might accept that as a way of getting back with me? Thanks!

Maggie May said...

Thank you Patsy. This looks encouraging.

Dolores Doolittle said...

Yes that`s great to know - thanks Patsy!

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Thanks for that, Patsy - just what I need to get me back to short stories!

Patsy said...

@ Vicki - I think it would be worth asking them if they'd agree to that.

Anonymous said...

Cheers, I planned to attend one of the writing workshops in March.

Jan Baynham said...

Thanks for the updates, Patsy. I send one off this week but not hopeful. Must keep trying!