Thursday 11 April 2019

My Weekly's new system.

There's a new email address for subbing fiction to My Weekly. If you're one of those who are permitted to send work you should have been notified of this – contact the fiction editor on the old address if not. (I'm not putting it here because that will result in subs and queries from those not on the list and defeat the purpose of this change.)

The idea is that submissions will be acknowledged automatically, saving Karen time. Unfortunately there's a technical glitch with that aspect at the moment. Hopefully it'll be sorted soon. The stories are still getting through though and you should hear back in the usual way.

Update – I've been told the same issue currently applies to subs to The Weekly News too. 

11 comments:

Bea Charles said...

Hi Patsy. Just wanted to say thank you for continuing the good work keeping this blog update for all of us who write for the Womag market (or aspire to do so).
Bea

Sharon boothroyd said...

Hi Many thanks for this Patsy. I really appreciate all the hard work and effort you put into this blog.

carrie said...

Thanks Patsy - I echo the above comments. Really appreciate your hard work in keeping us abreast of what's going on.
I sent a story to TWN on 5th April and was surprised not to get the acknowledgement back straightaway like normal.

Patsy said...

Thanks, Bea, Sharon and Carrie. It's nice to know I'm not completely talking to myself when I make these posts!

Anonymous said...

You're not talking to yourself, Patsy - not at all. I really value this blog.

Tara Westgate

Anonymous said...

Received an auto-reply the other day so assume it's fixed?

JS

Patsy said...

@ Tara – thanks.

@ JS – Thanks for the info. I got one which had apparently been sent out around midnight – I guessed it was the system catching up. If you got one straight away that suggests it's all working fine again now.

Carolb said...

Even if I don't have anything to comment, you are always read.

Patsy said...

@ Carol – Writing blog posts which get no response is like subbing to a magazine which never replies, or talking to a person who doesn't look at you and nod occasionally so you know they're listening.

Lindsay said...

I always read these posts too, but don't often have intelligent comments to make!

Patsy said...

@ Lindsay – Neither do i!