Saturday 14 September 2024

More free entry writing competitions

 

Free entry competition news

The Imison Award (£3,000) celebrates the best in new writing for the medium of audio drama. 

Rosemary Gemmel's blog post includes some flash fiction opportunities.


Here's a crime novel competition. It's open to any adult who's not previously had a novel published. The prize is a $10,000 advance. 



My news

I'm tidying up my poor neglected garden (the pictures were taken on my travels - not at home!) and working on the third book in my cosy mystery series. I've also been thinking about what I want to do when that's finished. 





I've not ruled out writing more Little Mallow books, but I'm going to take a break from it and write more short stories and enter more competitions. That means I'll be searching out more of those to share with you.


My romantic murder mystery, Acting Like A Killer, is currently on offer for 99p (or 99c)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Patsy. Hope you're enjoying being back in your own garden & that you've got lots of inspiration from it & all your travels. Not a lot to report from here I'm afraid.

Sheelagh said...

The above comment was from Sheelagh. P.S. I've read acting like a killer and can totally recommend

Sharon at A Quick Read said...

To enter the radio drama award, your play must have been broadcast previously, either online or on radio. I have the impression that it's aimed at fairly experienced professional playwrights.
Does anyone know anything about Cafe lit? I sent them a story but I've heard nothing. It was quite a faff, registering on their online system, so if it's a no from them, I probably won't bother subbing them anything again. I'm not prepared to jump through their hoops and stress myself out for a high chance of a (no fee) rejection!

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Thanks Patsy!

Marguerite said...

Thank you, Rosemary! And Patsy! :) Ah, Sharon... that's why I keep receiving mails from Duotrope AND, I think, Bridge Publishing. I sent 'humour' to witcraft at the end of last year, under the umbrella of Cafe Lit, and had a same day rejection.
I have a (vague) plan to see if I can work out any sort of ideas for longer stories, with a view to pocket novels. If nothing else, it would be a challenge.

L said...

I have had quite a few short stories published (for free) with Café Lit. They take the best for an anthology and some are collected for an online publication called Magnetism. What do I get out of it? It can showcase my writing by adding links to my blog.

Sharon at A Quick Read said...

I'm wondering how long I'll be waiting to receive a decision from Cafe lit.

ados123 said...

Thanks, Patsy for the competitions. Looking forward to more if you find them.
I found this course which appears to be free if anyone is interested. I've no idea how good it is or whether it is trying to get you to buy a full Writers Bureau course but I'll put the link here for people to make their own decisions...
https://www.writersbureaucourse.com/courses/the-first-step-on-your-writing-journey?&utm_source=writers-onlineFB&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=fb-0924&utm_content=IntroCreativeWriting

Alyson

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Patsy. I imagine the garden will keep you busy for a while!
Always appreciate the competitions.
HB