Saturday, 8 August 2026

Oh crikey!

It's Saturday already and I have nothing prepared for a blog post. I'd offer a fluffy bunny by way of apology, but this is the nearest I've got. Will it do? Will you forgive me?

More importantly, what have you been up to? I've mostly been editing the next Little Mallow novel, although I did pause to dash off a short story to send to My Weekly and make a submission to Ulverscroft.

Have you had any successes, or other writing news?

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Patsy, we have been away for a week, and what did I take with me for my holiday read - Book 3 of your Little Mallow series, and what a coincidence when I found the Peak District featured in the story – as that is where we were staying…😊
Dee

Marguerite said...

Cute little bunnies 😊. Looking forward to my next sortie into Little Mallow, so best finish that first ☺️. Nothing to report here. Awaiting several...
Also, Dee, I have been listening avidly for PAC Between The Lines on Sundays on Radio Victory, and they are obviously not running any comps at the mo.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that Marguerite; pleased we entered last year!
Dee

ados123 said...

Just making blackberry and apple jam with the blackberries we've picked in Dumfries. In August! So early...
I've been finishing a pocket novel. Only three chapters to slot in. If I wasn't such a panster I'd know what they were about but as it is they have to get me from chapter 21 to chapter 25...
Alyson

Sheelagh said...

Thanks Patsy, little cuties all right. Well I had a good week by standards (my own!) I sold 2 stories and finished another so happy out.

Marguerite said...

😊.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

No worries, we'll take the rabbits!

Sue McV said...

I know the feeling Patsy. The so-called lazy days of summer seem to be racing away from me too. But its all good stuff so can't complain. I have not been at my desk recently so nothing much to report. I had a go at the Crowvus novel competition a while ago. Not heard anything but they do say a 3 month response either way so we will see. Also awaiting news from WW about a story I was convinced they would like (the way you do sometimes) but its down to its last week in the 16 so maybe I got that one wrong! Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine if not so much the Weetabix coloured fields and gardens.

Marguerite said...

That IS a good week! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Marguerite, I'm pleased as it was a quiet summer on the writing front (but that went both ways).

Sheelagh said...

I know that feeling Sue but I've invariably found that if I believe it to be a good story I will always get it placed even if takes a couple of rewrites to submit it to a different magazine with a different word count. Good luck with it.

Anonymous said...

Love the bunnies!
Had a cataract op this week. So lots of eye drops and no writing for me.
No news on any submissions but there's always hope...
HB

Sharon at A Quick Read said...

Snap, no news here either. My Xmas stories haven't been taken up by WW, so I'll have to wait until next year now. I'm trying to find answers from FF but they're not getting back to me.

Sharon at A Quick Read said...

Sue, you have a story in the woman's own summer special. Cat deely is on the cover. Well done, and well done to all with positive news.

Marian said...

No submission news from me either, but congratulations to those with good news!

Kate Blackadder said...

Is there an easy way of finding out if WW stories have been used again in any of the sister magazines? Thanks.