Wednesday 24 March 2021

A little collection of free to enter writing competitions.

Here's a free entry competition for short stories and flash fiction. It's all a bit complicated and you need to get people to vote for you – but there are several opportunities to win cash prizes and have your work included in anthologies.

This competition is for poetry and short fiction. "We are looking for entries that brings the world together. Entries that seeks for unification, exhorts love, harmonizes truth and portrays touching acts of kindness. We want entries that stands on its own as a collective voice of peace." The prizes are publication in an anthology, free copies and a certificate of distinction. It's free to enter.


Romance writers are invited to enter this competition. It's for interactive stories created using the site's writing tool – both things are explained on the site. There are cash prizes and the opportunity to earn a share of the subscription revenue generated. As usual with the competitions I mention, this one is also free.

Talking of little collections which are free ... Not A Drop To Drink, my collection of shorts with a liquid theme, is still free to download. If you read and enjoy it I'd very much appreciate a review on Amazon, Goodreads – or anywhere else.

Do you find the links to free entry competitions useful? 


My news

I'm delighted to have a story in The People's Friend Spring Special – along with several of my writing friends!

Congratulations to my issue buddies including Keith Havers, Liz Filleul, Gabrielle Mullarkey, and Eirin Thomson.

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

The competition links are such a help. I haven't entered any lately (a few I would have tried were for UK only!) but I keep an eye on them.

ados123 said...

Thanks for the competitions, as always, Patsy.
I have two stories in TPF special with you!
Alyson

Eirin Thompson said...

Thanks for the mention, Patsy. Just received my copy of the Special yesterday and delighted to be included. I look forward to reading everyone's stories. The "Friend" and Specials are great value for money, I think - tons of reading and such a variety.

Marguerite said...

I find the competition links helpful :) They are not always for me but you generally find such a range there is usually something there - so, thank you :)
Well done for another story in PF!

Anonymous said...

Good to have the competition information, do intend to enter more this year.
Congratulations on stories in People's Friend Special, it is such an enjoyable read.

Karelann

Wendy said...

Congratulations on the inclusion of another story in TPF Special.
I really appreciate the competition links, thanks.

Liz said...

Thanks for the mention, Patsy.

I find the competition links helpful. I very rarely enter competitions, and when I do they're usually Australian ones, but I always take a look to see if there's anything that might be good for one of my ideas or stories.