Thursday 21 December 2023

Until next year...

This will be my last post until next year. By then the days will be getting lighter (for those in the northern hemisphere), most of the festive food will have been eaten and we'll all be making great progress with our 2024 plans and resolutions ... or at least thinking about getting started on them, or feeling pleased we've not made any.





Next year is also when I'll be releasing the first book in my cosy mystery series. As part of the marketing plan I'm trying to build up my newsletter mailing list. To help do that I'm taking part in a joint promotion with other authors of mystery, thriller and suspense books. Around 70 of us are offering a free book (some samples. some full novels) to those who join our lists. If you're interested in reading that genre, take a look here and pick up some freebies. You can take part whether or not you're on my mailing list and can sign up for as many, or few, as you wish – and of course you can unsubscribe from any of them at any time.

Thanks to Aly Rhodes for the link to this free to enter competition – and also this one.



Until 2024, Merry Christmas, Season's Greetings, Happy Holidays, Best wishes for the New Year – basically I hope you enjoy yourself in your own way, no matter how and what you celebrate.



I'd love to hear about some of the things you enjoy about this time of year. 





For me, it's walks on clear bright days, Christmas pudding, getting cosy under a blanket to read, listening to traditional carols, a glass of Baileys, shiny lights, excessive baking, and of course being in contact with loved ones.




14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy winter solstice to one & all. I love walks in the woods, open fires, great books, Christmas cake & time to meet up with loved ones over the holidays. Ps fab photos as ever, Patsy

Sheelagh said...

Above comment was from Sheelagh. I'm distracted as tuning in to the OPW site to see if they can capture the first morning light in the prehistoric chamber in Newgrange. Only happens at the winter solstice ( well actually over 3 mornings) but is a bit overcast this morning. Here's hoping.

Marguerite said...

Thanks to Patsy for all the competitions and Aly today - nowhere near Colchester but what a lovely idea, stories along a walk :) Fictionette has a very small fee but I have been subscribing since it started. I am looking forward to December 23rd when the DAYS ARE GETTING LONGER! Unfortunately, we won't notice them for a while :( In case you hadn't guessed, I'm not a winter person ;)
I have read your Inside Scoop on Little Mallow, Patsy. What a lovely idea! Not sure I'd like to live there... particularly if it's going to be like Midsommer! ;) Looking forward to the cozy mystery :) Merry Christmas! (just taken a mince pie from the plate there)

Sue McV said...

Happy holidays to everyone. Stay cosy and look forward to lighter days very soon. I think we all feel more focused and energetic when they come. For now I quite like to hibernate with a lot of books and a glass of red wine.

Bahamas Writer Fay Knowles said...

Thanks for all of your interesting and helpful posts throughout the year, Patsy! You do so much to support other authors, which is much appreciated. Wishing you and your hubby a very Merry Christmas and much writing and publishing success in 2024!

Liz said...

Season's greetings, Patsy, and thank you for all the great posts throughout the year. Hope everyone here has a great festive break - wishing you all much writing success in 2024.

ados123 said...

Season's Greetings, Patsy, and to all the blog readers. Thanks for keeping the blog going and all the information and competitions you post.
Good Luck with preparations for the book launch and see you next year.
Happy writing to all readers.
Alyson

Fiona said...

Merry Christmas Patsy and season’s greetings to everyone else I’ve ‘met’ on this blog - what a lovely little writing community has grown up through it. That’s thanks to you Patsy as are some of my writing successes this year that I’ve learned about here ( thanks to everyone who has shared competition info too.)
Enjoy the holidays, happy writing and all the best for 2024.
Fiona

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Patsy, and also thank you to Sharon, Fiona, Alyson and everyone who has shared competitions here this year.
For me, the best bits are winter walks on crisp, clear days followed by carols, a cup of tea and an extra-large chunk of chocolate log.
Merry Christmas!
HB

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Patsy, and to everybody on this blog. I like to think that with everyone sharing tips, successes etc helps to motivate us all, especially through those quiet times.

For me, a cup of coffee and a slice of Christmas cake or a sweet mince pie, or both at the same time (I have a very sweet tooth) makes Christmas for me. Also the decorations and the flashing lights. And if The Wizard of Oz, The Sound of Music and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory are shown, even better.

Michael

Marian said...

Wishing everyone a peaceful Christmas and sending lots of thanks to you all for all the tips and updates this year. For me, Christmas involves church services, but also time to catch up with family and, of course, the Christmas pudding, made from a one-hundred-year-old family recipe which I am now in charge of making each year!

Lindsay said...

Thanks for all the informative and helpful pots throughout the year.

I'm still trying to adjust to summer Christmases (although this year the weather was very gloomy and rainy.) I do miss cosy and quiet British Christmas and these days I have to share with a bonkers in-laws family if I want to see my granddaughters.

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog