Saturday 20 April 2024

Over to you

 

Do you have any writing news?

Do you know any market news? Have you heard about any free to enter writing competitions? Or come across calls for submissions or other opportunities?

Are you researching, writing, subbing? Had any acceptances or rejections? Still waiting to hear back on outstanding submissions? Do you have a question? Can you offer tips or encouragement to other writers?

Any other writing related news, questions and comments are also welcome and appreciated. As well as allowing us all to share information, help and encourage each other, comments show editors, competition organisers and others that the blog is read and will therefore be more likely to answer my questions, or provide information for me to share with you.



Feel free to use these photos as picture prompts. If you'd like written writing prompts, short exercises and story/scene suggestions then you might find this book useful.


Don't forget to check the submissions database for details of which magazines publish fiction under what terms, and how to submit.

6 comments:

Maisie Bishop said...

I had a nice surprise a couple of weeks ago. One of my poems was published in TPF Special.

Sheelagh said...

Well done Maisie, that was lovely. I had a story accepted recently by TPF, other than that all is quiet but I'm keeping busy writing, I've just finished a Summer story, I had hoped to have it submitted ages ago but it took me so long that I will now put it by for submission next Autumn or Winter.

Marguerite said...

Congratulations, Maisie. It's better when it's a surprise as well. You really seem to have cracked The Code with TPF, Sheelagh! Well done - there must be a 'How to...' book in you somewhere ;) You have reminded me I need to deal with some Christmas stories. I have re-routed some of my tales with BOWW elsewhere. I await... I also keep slogging away at Writing Magazine... but at least it has generated a bank of stories for me, some of which I've used and have been published.

Patsy said...

@ Maisie - congratulations!

@ Sheelagh – Congratulations to you too.
I've just heard from my editor at TPF that it's still OK to send late summer / early autumn stories, so if yours is suitable for that mag it might be worth a shot.

@ Marguerite – It's a good plan to have a bank of stories to draw on, if a suitable opportunity presents itself.

I don't know what happened this week. I thought I was getting myself all organised, then proved that wasn't the case by making two posts on the same day!

Sheelagh said...

Thanks Patsy, I think mine is more of an early summer story so probably better to hold onto it for now

Marian said...

I haven't any acceptances or rejections to report, but I've been busy writing and I've just submitted an autumn one to TPF. Now, I'm going to turn my attention to Christmas!