Thursday 23 January 2020

My news


Few bits of news from me –

1) My story The Perfect Bakewell is in the current issue of The People's Friend. Isn't the illustration lovely?

2) My latest short story collection A Way With Words is on sale at the introductory price of 99p (99c).

3) This week I've had an acceptance from Allas (for a story subbed this week!) and one from Take A Break for a 2,000 worder subbed 10 days ago.

Do share any success or news of your own – and if there's anything you'd like posts on, other than my bragging, please let me know here.

7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations! I'd call that a Triple-Crown win.

carrie said...

Congratulations, Patsy! I've had an acceptance from TAB today for a story sent only a few weeks ago too :) Also had an acceptance from Australia's That's Life Magazine for a story sent a few months ago. Just goes to show, you never know what's around the corner.

Kate Blackadder said...

They do give the stories lovely illustrations and yours looks particularly toothsome! I have a Polish bakery in my current serial; that was illustrated and someone asked on Twitter if it really existed; sadly no. Well done on your successes this week.

Maureen Brannigan said...

Congratulations Patsy! I've sold a few with baking at the centre of story:-)

Congrats to you too, Carrie!

Maureen

carrie said...

Thanks, Maureen. It gives us a buzz when we get a 'yes' doesn't it. I can understand baking being a popular topic - tempts the taste buds!

Patsy said...

@ Alex – I'll take a triple any day!

@ Carrie – Congrats to you too. It'll be nice if we're issue buddies.

@ Kate – It's a pity we can't write such places into existence.

@ Maureen – I like writing food related stories because I'm so good at the research!

Anonymous said...

Well done, Patsy! Such a lovely illustration. I love it when the picture fits the story we've written. What an amazingly quick acceptance from TAB, too - must be a record! Good wishes Kate Hogan