Tuesday 10 March 2015

Hello!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome in the comments to Kath's latest post. That's really appreciated. I agree with everyone who praised Kath's work in creating and building up this blog. It's been a useful resource for a great many writers. I hope to continue with that.

Taking over this blog feels like a landmark moment. (Maybe I should warn those of you who don't know me that I have a habit of inserting random phrases into my posts to provide tenuous links to whichever image I've chosen to illustrate it)

To answer the questions raised ...

Yes, the blog is staying here under the same name. Any  bookmarks you have set up should still work and if you've been following by email you should still get notification of new posts.

Yes, I'm going to continue with this blog which features a word of the week, news about my own writing and links to free to enter writing competitions.

Anyway, on with the womag stuff. Best magazine are accepting submissions again. Competition is tough as they only publish one story a week, but it's no fun if it's too easy, is it? No guidelines are produced. Stories should be around 700 words. Twist endings seem popular. Submissions may be emailed to Tracey.Baldwin (at) hearst.co.uk. You won't get an automatic response.


25 comments:

Wendy's Writing said...

Welcome, Patsy - brilliant that the blog is in such safe hands!

Sharon Boothroyd said...

A warm welcome Patsy - it's great have you onboard and such fab news about BEST being open to submissions!

Bea Charles said...

So glad the WOMAG baton has been picked up and is in such safe hands, Patsy.

Kath McGurl said...

Hello! Fab first post and good news about Best.

Frances Garrood said...

Patsy, welcome! I'm sure you'll be brilliant.

Dolores Doolittle said...

Hello Patsy - thank you hugely for taking on this blog and starting immediately with great news about Best. Love your blog too - just had a look and it`s very sparkly!
Warmest wishes to you

Quillers said...

Welcome Patsy! You're off to a flying start.

Kate Blackadder said...

Good to see you here - and have just signed up to your own blog, lots of useful stuff in both, thank you!

Janice J said...

Hello Patsy! I'm delighted to see you here - I've been following your own blog for a while now. This is such a brilliant blog and I'm so glad it is continuing.

Jan Baynham said...

Welcome, Patsy! Thanks for the information about submissions to Best magazine.

Maria said...

Hi Patsy,

Excellent news about Best Magazine, I take it they are paying writers for their stories?

Patsy said...

Thanks everyone!

Yes, Maria - they do pay a reasonable amount.

Kitty said...

Thank you for that, Patsy x

Carolb said...

Hello, Patsy.

I know you'll do a brilliant job.

wannabe a writer said...

Good to know that womagwriter's blog is in safe hands. Good luck Patsy and thanks for the info about Best.

Linda

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Great to see the blog continuing and to see it in safe hands, Patsy! Kath did a wonderful job over the years and I'm sure you will too.

Patsy said...

Thanks everyone. Hope I can live up to your confidence in me.

Pat Posner said...

Welcome, Patsy
I did try to welcome you before but blogger was having a tantrum

Patsy said...

Thanks, Pat.

Unknown said...

I'm pleased to see it's you taking this blog over, Patsy.

I've every confidence in you to provide the info we all need and enjoy reading, both on here and on your blog.

Kind regards,
Debbie

Della G said...

Hi Patsy, lovely to see you here. I now put Womag on my handouts as the best place to get womag guidelines and info there is :)

Kath McGurl said...

Thanks Della - it always was the best place and I am not at all biased. Patsy is already doing a great job taking over.

Patsy said...

Thanks all! x

Colette McCormick said...

Hi Patsy. Health issues that I won't bore you with have kept me out of commission pretty much for the last two years but I'm raring to go again and it's great to see that the womag blog is still going strong and in such great hands.

Patsy said...

Thanks, Colette. Sorry about the ill health, but glad you're raring to go now.