Saturday 18 February 2017

Your Cat Magazine

Your Cat Magazine will consider unsolicited features or articles. You may pitch the idea, or submit the finished piece.

"The magazine’s style is relaxed and chatty, yet informative." Most womag stories are relaxed and chatty and everyone knows female writers are cat owners*, so maybe some of you will be able to create "Articles relating to everyday life with a cat, a story about a very special cat, or how to deal with problems in cat ownership."

*Mine is fictitious, but I do have one.

Your Cat also publish short stories – about cats, obviously. They're not overly encouraging about the submission of these. "We do carry monthly fictional short stories, but these are written by established novelists and tend to be planned 12 months in advance."

Are you interested in non-fiction writing opportunities about cats – or any other subject?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cats are so lovely. It's really good idea. You can include sometips for writers in that Magazine. I sure that will be great!

Bea Charles said...

It looks as though your Bagpuss is swotting up ready to submit an autobiographical account of his itinerant life in a camper van.

Wendy's Writing said...

I could write an article on Bob's dribbling!

Kitty-Lydia Dye said...

I have a Bagpuss pencil case, but no cat. I do have a Chihuahua-Pug-Westie mix who likes tuna and is currently perched on the top part of the couch. I fear I would be caught out if I wrote about him and forgot to replace his grumbles with purrs ;)

Celia said...

In their 100th edition I had a short story published (they weren't good payers) but since then, as you say, they've been kinda picky about who they take from - celebrities if possible. Still, worth submitting if you have about a thousand catty words!

Maria said...

I don't have a cat but I am interested in non-fiction writing. So maybe I will have to create a fictional cat. :-)